Saturday, October 1, 2011

Pin It

Widgets

It's been a while!

It's been a few years since I took to the blogosphere! Well, the twins have started actually going to bed at night, so what else should I do with all this free time?!
I tried a cooking blog many years ago, when it was cool to have had a few thousand hits and the camera resolution was not half of what it is now. This is an entirely different animal! There are more blogs out there than wild buffalo!

I don't want to frame myself into a specific "kind" of blog. This blog will only bring out the good in life, the positive news, the great people in the world, the funny, the cute and the tasty, simply, The Sunny Side of Life!

Blog name? Well, not only do I believe that one should live on the sunny side of life, I actually live in the Synnyside neighborhood of North West Denver! It is a lovely old part of a great city. Here you find a wonderful eclectic mix of carniceria corner stores and Starbucks coffee shops, Cinco de Mayo parades and flash mobs, the best tamale's and 5 star gourmet restaurants. We wake up every morning to the majestic views of the Rocky Mountains in the West, and watch as the sun sets over the jagged peaks in the evening.

It is hard not to be happy and feel good about the world in a spectacular place like Colorado! I will never say that there is no evil, or bad, or dirty in the world, because there is. I feel that enough of that penetrates our lives through news and gossip that I do not need to visit those subjects. I have, as most of us, been through lots of sadness, and very difficult moments in life. It is a very good thing to grief, to be sad, to take your time, but in the end- it makes us stronger.
I prefer to focus on the good in the world. My motto in life is to always treat others the way I want to be treated. I have a wonderful husband and two adorable, smart and sweet children, that remind me everyday how lucky I am.

I am a stay at home mom with twin toddles, two dogs, a cat, a hard working hubby, a 70 year old house, a home based business (Independent Shaklee distributor), amazing friends, family in Sweden and on the US East coast, and I love to cook, eat and have fun! I live as green as I can, and I love to cook, eat and garden. You will come to know me, my family and my values well if you stick around!
There will be news, recipes, gardening tips (I have 3 master gardeners in the fam!), travel ideas and tales, crafts and home improvement projects. Lots of juicy bits coming up- stay tuned!






No comments:

Post a Comment