What does not matter: nationality, race, religion, politics, money, war, borders.
If we can not breathe, if our homes are destroyed by natural disasters, guess what- none of those things matter.
We have to do better. Start in your home. And I'm not going to say "start small"- because we are way beyond that point.
- NO "disposable" water bottles- ever. Refill your own bottles. Glass.
- Use cloth napkins. Wash in cold water- hang outside to dry.
- Recycle everything that you possibly can.
- Eat organic only.
- Hang your sheets and towels to dry outside.
- Get rid of chemical ridden "household" products. Use biodegradable alternatives (like Shakee)
- Stop eating "factory" meat. If you must eat meat- make it local, make it grass fed and sustainable
- Only use heat and AC when you absolutely have to. Keep HVAC well maintained.
- Unplug chargers, computers, appliances that you don't use.
- Fill your home, inside and outside, with plants.
- Never idle your car.
- Bring your own bags to the grocery store, or if you forget, ask for paper. Recycle it. Never plastic.
- TP and Paper Towels- buy recycled, un-bleached.
- Read the Lorax. Understand it. Share it.
- Watch Wall-E. Understand it. Share it.