Friday, October 21, 2011

Pin It

Widgets

Fall Decor..

This was a new concept to me when I moved to the U.S., decorating in fall, celebrating Halloween and Thanksgiving. Fall has always been my favorite season, but even more so now, with these awesome holidays to celebrate. And, I get to decorate with cool, natural materials that we collect ourselves!
From the last few farm visits I have a variety of natural decorations, and it was all starting to come together nicely, until the squirrels found the pumpkins...
Well, luckily we went to another farm, and were able to get some new ones, as well as some adorable little gourds. And, I found a way to outsmart the little boogers- Vicks vapor rub! I've tried pepper spray, cayenne pepper, soap and lots of other things before, but this actually seems to work! Hooray! One added bonus of the Vicks, it gives the plump orange goodies a little shine, too!

These are our latest pumpkins, on top of a large hay-bale I picked up at the last farm, sitting to the side of our front door.  Also, my little scarecrows of course ;)
These are a collection of gourds and Indian corn, also collected at various farms in the area. It sits on the hallway table as you enter our home. In the bottom of the basket, to weigh it down, is an acorn squash from our back yard.
Also, I can not forget that in all these projects, are included various leaves and twigs, and sometimes pine cones and rocks from the kids "collection".
Next is the wreath hanging on the front door, it is a pre-made wreath with added personal touches, such as; Indian corn, pine cones, leaves and the kids sparkle glue of course.

Today we are making ghosts to add to the outdoor decorations in preparation for Halloween. Updates to come!

Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment