Saturday, August 11, 2012

Pin It

Widgets

A recipe, its been too long!

For the past month or so, I have in support of my hubby, tried low carbing my diet. The best part about starting a low carb diet, is to get over sugar addiction. What a difference! I was literally the biggest carb addict you'd ever meet. Sweets, breads, pasta, candy, you name it, I LOVED it. I never thought I could stop eating all that, but, I did. And it was not that hard. The first week I had mad cravings for random carbs, but I struggled through them with iced lattes made with whipping cream (yes they are as good as they sound). Nuts and cheese became the new snack of choice. Also lots of celery and lettuce. Romaine lettuce leaves with cream cheese- yum!
I've learned a few new tricks and recipes along the way, and since this is now the whole families favorite breakfast, I thought this would make for a good share!

Cream Cheese Pancakes (easiest pancakes you've ever made!)

2 eggs
2 oz cream cheese
pinch of stevia sweetener
pinch of cinnamon
a few drops vanilla.

Mix in blender (used my bullet type blender- pour right into pan from blender!)
fry in a little butter.
Serve with sugar free maple syrup, a little more butter, and my personal fave- LEMON JUICE.
Divine.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment