Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Pin It

Widgets

Laundry Dreams

Yes- I dream about laundry. I know, I might not be quite right, but I do have dreams about my laundry.
I don't necessarily love doing it, but what I don't like is the dryer. The dryer costs about 40 cents per load to run, and clothes dryer useage accounts for about 6% of all household energy use.
I can't stand the static overly dry clothes that come out of the dryer. I always feel like an environmental thief using it too.
So, back to my dream. I WANT to dry my laundry outside. I want a long line stretching across a grassy yard. I want to dry my delicates, my sheets and the kids clothing in the fresh air outside.

Yes, I will still have a dryer, because sometimes it rains. And sometimes you're in a hurry. In all fairness I think the clothes dryer is a great modern tool of convenience, and I appreciate its ease of use.

I wish to leave the smallest eco-footprint possible in this world. I use only the safest, kindest laundry and cleaning products (Shaklee). And although the house is tiny, and my yard is a small dustbowl I try to dry clothes hanging on occasion. This is not the right place for it. Living 1 block from the highway the clothes would get covered in dust and pollutants. I am dreaming about a home on the country, with a lawn. With fresh air. With sheets blowing in the wind.


No comments:

Post a Comment