Sunday, January 1, 2012

Pin It

Widgets

Let's Go Toxin Free in our Homes 2012!

A new year, new resolutions. New beginnings. One of my resolutions (yes, there's multiple!) is to eliminate toxins out of my home. I made great progress last year, but I still have some things lingering in the back of the garage and in the basement closet.

Shaklee's motto, and mine, is: We believe home should be the safest place in the world. Sounds so simple, right?!

•   More than 9 out of every 10 suspected poison exposures occur at home with household
products, including 824,000 cases per year involving children under the age of 6.
 •   An average home generates over 25 pounds of toxic, hazardous waste each year. Much of this
waste can be attributed to household cleaning products.
•   The EPA says that only a fraction of the more than 75,000 registered chemicals have gone
through testing for human health concerns.
•   A person who spends 15 minutes cleaning soap scum off a shower stall could inhale three
times the acute exposure limit of some chemicals.
•   According to a 15-year study presented at the Toronto Indoor Air Conference, women who work
at home have a 54% higher death rate from cancer than those who work away from home. The
study concluded that this was a direct result of the exposure rate to toxic chemicals in common
household products.



Yeah- I got scared too! But- this is easy to remedy. Read on.

My campaign to kick of 2012 right, eliminate all toxins out of your home, and start living cleaner, and safer.
In the garage, I have old paint cans with paint still in them, paint thinner, old containers of motor oil, etc. etc.
In the house I have gotten rid of almost all my toxic household cleaners already, but I still have a bottle of bleach. I also have an old coffee jar with used batteries.
So, I want to get rid of all these things, but how, and where?

The Awesome City of Denver has a recycling program that rocks. Not only do they come pick up our day-to-day recycling every other week, they also have a pick-up program for residents, where once per year you can call them, and they come pick up all these toxins!
If you live outside of Denver, check out Earth911 for your nearest recycling center.

I am getting this done by the end of January- will you join me? 

Lets make our homes safer for our families, and the world a better place. You will breathe easier inside and out, and it really makes a difference!
Shaklee's cleaning products are as good, or better, than that windex, tilex, or tide you have lurking in your cabinets! And it will save you lots of money through the year as well :)

Let me know if you have any questions, or need assistance! Happy New Year!



No comments:

Post a Comment