Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Pin It

Widgets

Earth Day Party 2014

My two greatest passions in life are my children and protecting this planet that we all share. Earth Day has become the one great day each year where my two passions combine into a party of care and fun.
I love planning this party with the kids and I love that they are absorbing what I teach them about being responsible earth citizens.
Last years party was a huge hit with kids and adults. I do it mostly for the kids, but if the adults can have fun and get even a slight spark of enthusiasm to do good, I'm all the more pleased. This year the party will be at our new home in Wake Forest. We still don't know alot of people here, but I am inviting all the kids we know so far- and then some. I feel more challenged here then I ever did in Denver.
It seems that in Denver in particular, people are exceptionally green minded. I was so pleased to find that many families actually celebrated Earth Day. Almost everyone we met were strict recyclers, urban homesteaders, solar powered home owners, Prius driving, responsible citizens. It  was easy to be green in Denver.
New locations mean new challenges, and I dear venture this guess; North Carolina (rural in particular) is not the crunchy cousin of its Colorado relative. Judging by the state of the road sides around here, I can almost conclude that recycling programs are not just under utilized, so is the trash service. Challenge accepted.

I hope to throw a super fun and educational Earth Day party for our new friends, and I sincerely hope we can encourage at least one new green light bulb to go off.

Stay tuned for updates!

And yes, there will be Dirt Cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment